Stressbar Steel Systems International, Inc. offers a value engineering approach to resisting punching shear at slab-column connections in the presence of elevated slabs and foundation mat slabs. The RESTUD system provides a more cost effective solution for resisting punching shear. The system also allows quicker installation, as it eliminates column capitals and stirrup cages. RESTUD decreases the labor hours and costs normally associated with fabrication and installation of stirrups. Our cost-effective punching shear resisting method provides the following advantages:
- Distributes the shear forces over a larger area, thus preventing punching shear on the column.
- Eliminates the necessity of column capitals and stirrups.
- Reduces installation time.
- Reduces congestion at slab-column connections.
- Reduces costs.
- RESTUD rails have chairs designed to specifically guarantee proper concrete cover.
Notes: Studs are made from standard low carbon steel per ASTM A108 with the following properties:
|Fu||Fy||% Elong. 2"||Ar|
|65 ksi||51 ksi||20%||50%|
Plates are made from standard commercial quality Steel Plate ASTM A36 Steel.
|Fu||Fy||% Elong. 8"||Ar|
|58 ksi||36 ksi||20%||50%|